Tuesday 21 December 2010

Have yourself a merry little Christmas

Hello!
Firstly, thank you everyone for the Christmas cards, emails, letters and messages you’ve sent.
It’s been a busy few weeks. Sure it’s the same for all of you.
Last week, a group of us hosted a Christmas party for all our friends. It was a really great team effort and a very good party. Ros and Helen baked mince pies (they were absolutely fantastic!) and our apartment was absolutely full of people.
This weekend, we had our Christmas service. I think there must have been about hundred people packed in like sardines. This is about three times our usual number. Hopefully we see some of the visitors again in following weeks.
I also went to Mie Prefecture recently with some friends to see some impressive Christmas light arrangements. After, we had local beer and gyoza there. I was very happy! I’ve attached two photos below.
My holiday started today. I have two weeks off. I need it actually. Like every Christmas, I have tried to do too much in too little time and have burnt myself out a bit. Jimmy, Ros and their daughter Claire, a lovely South African family, have invited me and some others over on Christmas day. Then on Boxing Day, I am visiting Hiroshima with Nilesh for four days. I’m looking forward to getting away from everything for a bit and reflecting on the previous four months. I’ll also start studying kanji seriously during this holiday.

So, have a very happy Christmas everyone! Stay warm.



4 comments:

  1. fantastic lights :)
    Have an awesome christmas and a very happy new year,
    G+R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the Christmas party. I enjoyed it very much.
    I think you will be a kanji-expert soon. And I hope it!
    Have a happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all!
    Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete