Tuesday 12 October 2010

Boys will be boys...


Hilarious lunch time today. Was sat opposite a group of bold and brash teenage boys, all of whom were eager to practice speaking English. It wasn't long into conversation before one of the boys unveiled an electronic language translator and they began excitedly looking up the most unwholesome words the translator would permit. The whole scene was so predictable, but very funny nonetheless. Thankfully, their poor pronunciation allowed me to escape each time with my dignity intact and after many tried and failed attempts, they finally gave in and pummeled the poor boy with the translator.

It just goes to show, no matter where you are in the world, boys will be boys.

There are some nice pictures of the barbecue we had in the park on facebook. Just visit my profile page. Unfortunately, I can't post any here because the photos have lots of people in, so sorry if you don't have access to facebook. The weather was beautiful and many people came. We played cricket and ultimate frisbee and enjoyed plenty of good food and drink. In other news, I've started meeting people through playing tennis. I am playing three times this week, which makes me a very happy bunny, and at the same time I practice conversation. Long may the good weather last!

I have to go, but finally, I have had some very nice messages recently from different people, so thank you everyone (you know who you are!).

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting blogs, Steve, but I still want more details about your daily life. Who's your flat-mate? What do you do in lessons? Do you have a chance to talk about Jesus? (As in answering the question why are you in Japan?) Do you have any friends yet?

    ReplyDelete