Monday 6 September 2010

That's one bowl I definitely won't 'miso'.

Had my first near death experience today over a bowl of miso soup. Now, usually miso soup (especially Nagoya's) is fantastically oishii (delicious!) but I really do deserve a medal for finishing this particular bowl. To make matters worse, lunch was in front of a whole class of kids, who watched my face with absolute delight as I fought my way through every mouthful. They must have known what was going on and they loved every moment!
After lunch I had a few free periods so decided to do some work in the computer room. After a few minutes a man walked in. We exchanged greetings. He then proceeded to lie down on the floor. I wondered what on earth was going on and whether I ought to call for help. Anyway, within a few seconds he was curled up in a little ball and snoring like a trooper. Nilesh, my flatmate, joked that that would be me soon enough after all these early starts. He's probably right.

P.S. We had Vision Sunday at GraceCity this week. Had a wonderful time with everyone and am very excited about this new season.

4 comments:

  1. how come the soup was such an ordeal? too spicy or just plain bad?
    Good to hear you're getting settled in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to read you blog Steve! Made me smile!! Hope you're finding your feet and making friends. We're slowly getting into the swing of life in Bedford - kids are enjoying school but tired and I went to my 1st toddler group today. Andrew's got quite a lot of work for this month (too much)so hoping he copes OK. Church is good - hoping to get into a small group soon...
    charmaine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soup made by the kids by any chance...? Glad you're having fun! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. soup - is this the octopus eye soup thing you keep talking about..? Or were you eating a penguin..?

    ReplyDelete