Thursday 16 September 2010

Weetabix and milk

Hello! I'm writing to you having just cycled back from the international shop, where I was dismayed to discover that they've stopped selling Weetabix. So, it's back to octopus-eye stew for breakfast again!

This week I've seen more soups and more sleepers. I've been caught in a lift, caught in a typhoon and caught out in a game of baseball. Managed to escape each time. No harm done. However, my time this week has mainly been spent at work and it definitely feels like I'm living here now and am not just a spectator. Of course, I still stick out like a sore thumb but sadly this is usually due to my own ineptitude rather than anything else. Like today, I managed to pick up my milk carton a little too eagerly and consequently sprayed the whole classroom. Teacher stared at me like I was insane. Went very red, but probably made some child's day.

Take care everyone. Miss you.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Steve,

    I know that feeling of missing food from your own country. Did you go to "Kaldi" in Nagoya? You know you can order Weetabix on amazon.co.jp?

    http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=%E3%82%A6%E3%82%A3%E3%83%BC%E3%82%BF%E3%83%93%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF%E3%82%B9&tag=googhydr-22&index=food-beverage&field-adult-product=0&hvadid=5560821515&ref=pd_sl_a56w2q3pd_e

    By the way, they started selling the new Chocolate Weetabix in the UK. By the time you come back, they may be outdated, hahaha!
    http://www.weetabix.co.uk/products/cereals/chocolate-weetabix

    Wishing you and Nagoya Grampus all the best.
    Mikio

    ReplyDelete